About Optical Document Security
Optical Document Security – the follow-up to the biennial Conference on Optical Security and Counterfeit Deterrence Techniques – focuses on technical and scientific developments in optical security for documents and products of value.
The conference offers a platform to researchers, developers, manufacturers and users of security to present their findings, new work and new techniques on a technical and scientific level.
Some of the most significant developments in banknote and identity document security and production technology in recent years have been first described in public at the OSCDT conference and, subsequently, Optical Document Security.
Key to the quality of the programme is the role of the Conference Committee, in which a number of industry experts and scientists participate, providing unmatched experience and knowledge in identifying and vetting the technologies that will make the most impact in years to come.
Participants in Optical Document Security are vetted in advance so that only those with a legitimate interest in the topic will be registered. And only registered badge holders are allowed into the conference rooms, ensuring a level of security that the confidential nature of the topics being presented and discussed require.
2020 in Numbers
Topics Covered Typically Include:
ODS is a response to the introduction of digital systems in to the secured document field. Digital devices are being used as the means for financial transactions, as a carrier for personal identification information and as a method of examining physical documents. The topics typically covered at the event are as follows:
- The implications of digital applications for security documents
- The role and limitations of smartphones
- The use of smartphones for ID
- The use of smartphones for financial transactions
- Serialisation, coding and unique identifiers
- Network and digital systems security and vulnerabilities
- The impact and application of blockchain or other distributed ledger systems for document security
- Cryptocurrencies – threat, solution or neither?
- Machine reading and artificial intelligence
- The use of digital printing – security threat or opportunity
- Implications of 3D printing as a means of forgery
- Combining print and digital
Who Should Attend?
The conference attracts specifiers, designers and producers including:
- Government issuers of banknotes, ID documents and other secured documents
- Commercial and private sector issuers of secured documents
- Producers and suppliers of security-printed documents and components
- Forensic document analysts and examiners of travel documents and banknotes
- Optical scientists, holographers and others interested in the manipulation of light for document security
- Product security developers in search of new techniques for product protection
Our pre-conference workshops enable you to gain an in-depth understanding of a topical issue.
Welcome Cocktail Reception
The first day of the conference is dedicated to exploring the bigger picture, discussing the principal drivers behind government policy and regulation as well as best practice in developing and enforcing tax stamp programmes.
Table Top Exhibition and Buffet Dinner
On day two we take a more in-depth view of the specific authentication and supply chain security solutions available, as well as the practical implementation of these in tax stamp programmes around the world.
Table Top Exhibition
Maximise your exposure at the 2022 event by taking part in our table top exhibition, to take place during the evening drinks reception and buffet dinner.
Optical Document Security includes an informal topical exhibit and poster session for hands-on demonstrations of the latest security technologies. Tables will be made available for all presenters to show examples illustrating their paper. Non-presenters are also welcome to show their document security products and techniques to this specialist and decision-making group.